"it's the splinters of glass in people's eyes that makes them see the world in jagged little pieces. if we could just get out the glass we could make them see clearly."
last night, i finished watching the 1957 russian animated film Снежная королева aka "The Snow Queen". it is a beautiful adaptation of the book by Hans Christian Anderson. i suggest you get your hands on this treasure. there's a raw aesthetic feel that can't be captured by the cgi effects that are the standard today.

† † †

† † †

† † †

pull the soul

thread the body
† † †
ode to N O V E M B E R
blessed souls of the dead
that shower us with falling stars on the 17th
make it a crisp evening, the darkest hour
for when cassiopia crosses the meridian
i drink thy chrysanthemum tea, wolfberries afloat
who's in?
love,
lsa
4 comments:
your blog is awesome :) i'm in, and need to check out this film.
I'm in! I love that poem. I think I am quite interested in that film now also.
andrea & roxanne: thank you lovelies! :) you both will adore it if you don't know the story already. it's quite magical, meant for dreamers like yourselves.
count me in too!
Post a Comment